1Password is blocked by the administrator (extension ID "aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk)

Options

I am trying to install the Chrome extension for 1password and am receiving this information. I have cleared my cache, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet (extension ID "aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk") is blocked by the administrator

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @computerlady1,

Are you running as an administrator on your own Mac, or are you seeing that message on a work computer that is administered by someone else (such as your IT department)? It sounds like someone has set a group policy to block certain Chrome extensions (or all of them). Are you able to install any other extensions from the Chrome Web Store?

• I'm the local admin. on my own laptop. I do sign into Chrome with my work email (Google Apps for Ed) on this machine. I also happen to be the IT Director so I can grant permissions for Apps in the Chrome Web Store. Unfortunately, 1 password isn't displaying on the list of allowable apps within the Google Apps for Ed Amin Console. Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting me know you are using Google Apps for Education, @computerlady1. I don't personally have any experience with it, but it sounds like you may need to do the following

Before you can select extensions, the Chrome Web Store service (under Additional Google Services in your Admin console) must be turned on for your organization. For details, see Turn Additional Google Services on or off.

I found that on this page under the "Select apps and extensions for your users" section:

Manage Chrome Apps by organizational unit

Let me know how it goes when you follow the instructions in that section. Does that resolve the issue? If not, you may need to contact Google since this is more of a Google Apps for Education issue than a 1Password issue. But we'll certainly keep trying to help as much as we can. :)

• InspireLearners
    InspireLearners
    Community Member
    Options

The Chrome Web Store service is on, but the install is still failing. Please let me know if you have any other thoughts. If not, I'll contact Google. Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@InspireLearners / @computerlady1,

My understanding is that enabling Chrome Web Store is only the first step. The complete steps involve adding 1Password to a list of acceptable extensions. I suspect you need to follow all of the steps in the "Select apps and extensions for your users" section of the aforelinked support article to get it to work:

Manage Chrome Apps by organizational unit

It wasn't clear to me from your post whether you had already done that or just the first step of enabling Chrome Web Store for your account. If you've already completed the steps in the "Select apps and extensions for your users" section to add the 1Password extension, and things are still not working, you may indeed need to contact Google.

Please let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.