Vault Location for Teams

jtek
jtek
Community Member

So for teams the vault location is stored in the cloud? I am evaluating teams for a client and it doesn't seem like I can store the vault in a local file location like a shared drive.

Also when is the windows app going to be released?

Thanks, J

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jtek,

You're right, with 1Password for Teams, the vault data lives on our servers, and you can't specify that it be stored on a shared drive.

Our Windows team is hard at work on the that app, unfortunately we don't have a release date to share yet.

Rick

• jtek
    jtek
    Community Member

Thanks @rickfillion. I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case. I was hoping to use it within my company as well. My client is a CPA firm and they aren't allowed to maintain that information in the cloud and with my company controlling passwords to multiple client's networks including admin passwords we just can't store that data in the cloud.

Thanks again, J

• @jtek Do you happen to be running Windows 10? We have a beta with support for 1Password for Teams on Windows 10. You can find some more info about it in this thread.

My client is a CPA firm and they aren't allowed to maintain that information in the cloud and with my company controlling passwords to multiple client's networks including admin passwords we just can't store that data in the cloud.

It may be best to look into our local-based apps, then. They do not sync anywhere by default — all the data is stored on your machine and and you can store it elsewhere as well if you'd like. If you're interested in self-hosting 1Password for Teams, you can email us with some details about what you envision using it for at support+selfhost@1password.com.

This discussion has been closed.