Feature Request: better single-machine-multi-user support

Options
zauerkraut
zauerkraut
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Business and Teams

This is a fairly unique use case so I understand that this is a bit of a long shot.

We practice pair-programming and do not have set workstations. During the week it is common for a team of 6 (with 3 iMac workstations) to rotate computers daily, with a new pair at each workstation each day. The 1Password mac client does not support an easy way to log out of one user account with 1P4T and into another. We use Chrome's profiles feature with the LastPass chrome plugin to solve this issue as the Profiles feature allows the plugin to be authenticated per profile. The simplest solution I can see for this would be to connect the Chrome 1P plugin to the 1P4T web client and drop the requirement of the native mac client entirely.

The caveat with focusing on using the web-client + Chrome profiles for authentication is that we lose the versatility of 1P Mini, which I personally love. I don't think we need to go as far as chrome profiles (essentially allowing 2+ authenticated web users in a single OS X login), but the ability to easily log out and in to the native Mac client or the various browser plugins would be a big plus. Anything that allows us to continue to use 1P Mini is also definitely nice, but not a deal-breaker.

Like I said, this is a unique use case so I can understand if this does not get implemented. However, it would greatly aid our adoption of 1P from LastPass.

Zachary Auerbach

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @zauerkraut ,

We are actually looking at ways to make it easier to sign in to accounts on the Mac client, so you may get what you are looking for. We can't promise when or if this feature will be available but I can promise we are considering it.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.