How to restore 1ptbackup file to a data file to resync?

i had an old iphone and created a backup file
1passwordxyz.1ptbackup

i now have a windows phone but want to restore this 1ptbackup to a data file so i can sync with dropbox
anyone know how ?

thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, mrlou!

The output of the backup feature in our 1Password apps for iOS is intended (and suitable) only for restoration to our 1Password apps for iOS.

To get your 1Password data from your iPhone to your Windows phone, you'd need to restore that backup file to the 1Password app on your iPhone or another an iOS device, set up the 1Password app on that iOS device to use Dropbox sync'ing to get the data to 1Password for Windows (or Mac), then set up the beta 1Password app on your Windows phone to use Dropbox sync'ing to get the data to that new device.

You can use a free demo (trial) installation of 1Password for Windows (or Mac), you've already paid for the 1Password app on your iPhone, and the beta 1Password app for Windows Phone 7 is still free; so it might be a bit of an inconvenience, but it won't cost you any additional funds.

Please note that the beta app for Windows Phone 7 provides read-only access to your 1Password data. You currently can't create or edit items.
  • thanks David
    i'll give it a shot
  • ok so i was able to restore to my win7 phone, all are listed under Secure Notes
    but how can i edit them on phone ?
    i dont see option
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    mrlou wrote:

ok so i was able to restore to my win7 phone, all are listed under Secure Notes
    but how can i edit them on phone ?
    i dont see option

That's because there isn't one, yet—the Windows Phone 7 app is still in the beta development phase.

I did mention this in my previous post:

DBrown wrote:

Please note that the beta app for Windows Phone 7 provides read-only access to your 1Password data. You currently can't create or edit items.
This discussion has been closed.