Welcome screen SYNC

dfr36
dfr36
Community Member
Hi,
I recently acquired an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4 (lucky me!). I have installed 1password (1.4.1) on both of them, and I am running Version 3.5.9 on my iMac. On my iMac, under the SYNC label on the welcome screen, my old iPad (which I no longer own) is listed; but neither the new iPad nor the iPhone is. How do I get the two new things listed and delete the old one?
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, dfr36!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble syncing.

Before I go too far, I just want to mention that we now offer a method of syncing that is fully automatic, does not require you to even be near your computer, and is our recommended method of securely syncing.

With Dropbox syncing, you can keep 1Password up to date from across town or across the country — anywhere you have an Internet connection. You Mac doesn't even have to be turned on!

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

I would strongly advise going with Dropbox syncing. It is more robust and just as secure as Wi-Fi syncing. :-)

If you would prefer to stick with manually syncing via Wi-Fi, please read on.

On your Mac, if your iOS device is already listed in the sidebar under the SYNC section, please remove it by right-clicking on it and selecting "Delete…"

IMPORTANT: Because of the Bonjour networking service that Apple provides for Wi-Fi syncing, please restart your Mac and iOS device before proceeding further. You can restart your iOS device by holding down both the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously for at least ten seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Now, please open 1Password on your Mac and iOS device.

On your iOS device, go to Settings > Sync and turn WiFi Sync ON, then follow these steps:

1. Tap "Allow New Connections"
    2. 1Password on your iOS device will display two secret sync codes.
    You’ll need these in a minute.
    3. On your Mac you should be prompted to enter the codes automatically
    4. Click "OK" and begin configuring your sync options.
    5. Click "Sync" to perform a sync operation.

If you are still stuck, please take a look at our Wi-Fi Sync Troubleshooting Guide.

http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/sync_problems.html

Please let me know how it turns out, or if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.