Feature request: programmatically access the 1P4T vaults

Options

Various teams in our organization programmatically access credentials stored in LastPass via the LastPass CLI. We would like the ability to programmatically access credentials via a CLI that we can shell out to or some form of local, secure, network endpoint. If there is documentation for how to decrypt 1P4T vaults given the various required credentials and key pairs we are open to building our own tooling internally to do this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

That would be cool as well, I agree! There are some threads around here about API acces incliding https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/251384#Comment_251384 and a few others I found searching for "API." I believe one was mentioned in a thread I was already in but I didn't know the others existed until now. Sounds cool when they get around to it! (After it works with the Windows client ;-)

• We are indeed interested in providing an API and/or a command-line client. I don't have any timelines that I can share, but would love to hear the different use cases you would have for such a CLI.

• zauerkraut
    zauerkraut
    Community Member
    Options

@Jeff Shiner We use CLI access to our various credentials in CI to authenticate against AWS, for instance. The Secret Key and Access Key ID are stored as a login in LP and used to authenticate CloudFormation actions in a CI environment.

• Thanks for the info! That'll come in handy when considering an API.

This discussion has been closed.