Chrome update hoses 1Password extension on Mac OS 10.6.8

Hey Folks, This is mostly a heads-up for those old farts like me still using Snow Leopard and 1P v3. Having just updated my Chrome browser to Version 48.0.2564.22 dev (64-bit) I was greeted with a popup advising me my 1P extension was no longer supported... Well it wasn't there, but I got it going again by downloading a new copy via the 1P prefs. Whew! So this is basically a short story with a happy ending. Ciao, Devesh

1Password Version: Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.6.8
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hey @Devesh! Thanks for posting about this. We'll keep an eye out for similar cases, but it is a good idea to give this forum post a read just so you have an idea of what 1Password 3 looks like going forward. Glad you got this worked out properly this time. :) Hopefully it keeps on chugging nicely.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Devesh,

I wasn't able to replicate despite launching Chrome a couple of times and uninstalling and installing a fresh copy of the 1Password 3 Chrome Extension. I wonder why it did that for you?

As a Snow Leopard user you might want to be aware of a reasonably recent statement made by Google regarding Chrome and older versions of OS X. You can read more about it at Updates to Chrome platform support. I thought it might be of interest.

This discussion has been closed.