Exporting All Data, Notes, Accounts etc

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to export all data from 1Password for Windows? It seems to be that when I choose to Export, I only get the option of exporting logins. But what happens to all my other data if I want to migrate to a new service?

Thanks for any advice,

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    The current release of 1Password for Windows includes the option to export all item types to 1Password Interchange Format.

Although 1PIF is intended primarily for use in importing data to 1Password, the output of the export function includes all your attachments, as well as your login credentials in clear text. You can open the .1pif file with a text editor, where you can manipulate the data as needed for transfer to another program.

Of course, we think you'll like 1Password way too much to want to do that. :)
  • CurbedEnthusiasm
    CurbedEnthusiasm
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    Thanks David,

Good to know there's an option to extract data, even if the 1PIF file is quite unfriendly looking. Even though 1Password is good, in choosing any type of solution or service, I like to have a confirmed exit strategy, just in case things change in the future.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    You can export your logins to comma-separated (or tab-separated) values.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to export all data from 1Password for Windows? It seems to be that when I choose to Export, I only get the option of exporting logins. But what happens to all my other data if I want to migrate to a new service?

You can export your logins to comma-separated (or tab-separated) values.

...but only your Login items. At this time, 1Password Interchange Format is your only option for other item types.

I'm sure the export options will be expanded in a future release, but it's not a trivial task and currently is superseded by other features.
This discussion has been closed.