Android filling

Options

Filling works perfectly on my Macbook so I'm doing trial on Android hoping it works just as well. But,...first option to use 1PW keyboard - with respect the keyboard doesn't have many features compared to my normal one so I don't want it as default for everything. Tried the next option of opening the login in 1PW and clicking the URL. I tried this on Dropbox for a test and found that it opened DB just fine, but when I try to open a document (.doc, or .xls) they won't open. ??? If I go straight into DB (without going through 1PW) they open correctly, so the problem has to be the 1PW browser. I don't want to go to manual filling because that isn't much better than copying from a saved list of passwords on my phone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:android/settings-filling, ug:android/settings-display, ug:android/settings-filling, ug:android/settings-advanced, kb:fix-website-login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @PN8864,

Instead of having the 1Password keyboard as the default what about having it enabled and swapping to it as required? I found this page that shows how to swap between keyboards in various versions of Android and can be found at this link. Could that be an acceptable compromise between the 1Password keyboard and your preferred one?

• PN8864
    PN8864
    Community Member
    Options

It would be an acceptable compromise but my default keyboard (Samsung) doesn't have the keyboard icon that's mentioned in the link. I thought that it might be a Swiftkey feature only since the link is a Swiftkey page, but I installed it and it didn't have the icon either. Still stuck.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @PN8864,

Could it be your Samsung is running a version of Android older than Android 5 AKA Lollipop? If you are that button wouldn't be present (I believe) but the link has 3 sets of steps for if you're running:

• Version 5 or newer.
    • 4.X (includes Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat)
    • Older than version 4.

It seems this particular feature has changed quite a bit over the versions so it's about finding the right location for your version of Android. Hopefully when we locate the right place it will allow reasonably quick switching :smile:

This discussion has been closed.