WiFi-Sync [Added in version 4.5]

Options
2»

Comments

• saad
    edited February 2015
    Options

Thank you so much for your votes for WiFi sync. This is being reviewed by our development team and we will post updates to this thread when we have more news to share!

• NigelBrown
    NigelBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Saad, in response to @Caunus‌ you offered to provide the instructions for copying 1Password data file to Android device and setting up local storage sync. Can you do the same for me too please. Much appreciated.

• Domon
    Domon
    Community Member
    Options

:+1: WiFi sync on Android!

• Hey @NigelBrown! Of course, I would be happy to help you get local storage sync working on your device. Could you tell me which device you want to copy the 1Password data from?

• Thanks for the vote @Domon!

• ChoZanWan
    ChoZanWan
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this feature. No issues with cloud sync but I'm trying to consolidate all my data, and use OneDrive as I get unlimited storage. As that's not an option, wifi sync would be the next best thing.

• I've added your vote, @ChoZanWan. Thanks! :)

• bdpiper
    bdpiper
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @saad and @peri Add my vote for Wifi sync... And saad if you could provide instructions to set up folder sync... My base machine is an iMac an the android device is a cell phone at android 4.4... Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks

• Hi @bdpiper! I'm adding your vote for Wi-Fi!

With regards to setting up local storage sync on your Android, you can manually transfer the 1Password.agilekeychain via USB onto your Android's local storage, and then sync from there. I'm sure you already understand, but I feel I should mention anyway, that this will be a one time data transfer, and will not sync any changes. To sync changes, you'll need to transfer the .agilekeychain as you make changes (or at least semi-regularly).

In order to copy your vault (.agilekeychain) to your Android, here's what I recommend:

• Connect your Android to your Mac with a USB cable
    • Copy the 1Password.agilkeychain entirely into your Android's local storage
    • Open 1Password on your Android and choose I've used 1Password before
    • Choose Sync using local storage and locate the 1Password.agilekeychain you transferred

Please let us know how that goes! :)

• LarsNL
    LarsNL
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote for wifi sync as well. I specifically registered to comment on this pretty big omission from Android 1Password. After Snowden, I have stopped using American cloud services and Condoleezza Rice on the board of Dropbox hastened my decision to move away from that service.

I now host a simple secure cloud service on a machine I own and manage. I copy the keychain from my Mac to that server manually, since it's a physically different machine. It's then synced to my phone and after that synced locally. Anyway - it's a lot of effort for something that really should work as straightforward like it did when I had an iPhone. That was literally ages ago and would sync changes in seconds. I don't see why Android gets a crippled experience.

I do like the recent update the Android client got (was in the beta program even) but the client needs easier/more sync options, wifi preferably.

• Thanks for the thoughtful feedback @LarsNL. I'm adding your vote for WiFi sync. Hopefully we can get this implemented soon! :)

• saad
    edited June 2015
    Options

Wi-Fi sync is now available in our latest beta version of 1Password. :) (Version 4.5B1)

• railto
    railto
    Community Member
    Options

@saad this is great news, I had stopped using 1Password in favour of a competitor due to lack of wifi sync with android (no way I am putting anything this sensitive on dropbox), this will get me back to using 1Password again provided it works well

• saad
    Options

Hey @railto! Wi-Fi sync is also available in version 4.5 in the Play Store! :)

• AlanW
    AlanW
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Wi-Fi sync for Android. I don't want to use Dropbox or anything on the Cloud

• Wi-Fi sync in 1Password for Android is already available now. To get started with Wi-Fi sync, please have a read through this guide:

https://support.1password.com/guides/android/wifi.html

This discussion has been closed.