Can gift licenses be delayed?

Options
dloewen4
dloewen4
Community Member

Hi, I'd like to purchase the Mac + Windows bundle as a gift for Christmas, but I've read the recipient receives the activation email immediately. Any ideas on how to delay the email somehow?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dloewen4,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. That's a very good question.

At this time, we don't have anything in place to delay the sending of a gift license. As you mentioned, they are sent immediately upon purchase. Since 1Password makes filling address and credit card information so quick and easy, perhaps you will have time to purchase the license while everyone is opening gifts and not busy checking their email. :)

• dloewen4
    dloewen4
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @khad, thanks for the reply. I'll get creative then :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Since 1Password makes filling address and credit card information so quick and easy, perhaps you will have time to purchase the license while everyone is opening gifts and not busy checking their email.

Clever! Another idea would be to buy it in advance using the correct name, but use an email address of your own. We can always update the email address for you, and then you can forward it along at an appropriate time, or we can resend the license information after it's updated. If you need help with any of this, just shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com. Merry Christmas! :)

This discussion has been closed.