Can't select text from secure notes

davisjohn
davisjohn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Not able to select parts of text from a secure note - or any item for that matter. Im having to copy the whole note using the copy button. In the desktop apps, I could select any portion of text since its just a text box.

Comments

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

I can do this: select all or part of the field in secure note.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback, @teal_oak!

@davisjohn, what version of the beta app are you running, please, and on what kind of device?

• davisjohn
    davisjohn
    Community Member

I am on 1Password Beta version 2015.12.900 running on Windows 10. Trying this on a laptop (Asus ZenBook UX31A) using my trackpad.

I can still repro this. Trying to drag just causes the field to get pressed.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

Thanks, @davisjohn!

On a Surface Pro 2 (the only non-phone device running Windows 10 that's available to me), I have two choices:

• Select the item in the list area, and click/tap the Copy link in the upper right corner of the Secure Notes item in the details area, copying the entire text of the item.

• Select the item in the list area, click/tap the Edit link at the bottom of the details area, select as much of the text as I want, press Ctrl+C to copy the selected text, and click/tap the Cancel link to leave edit mode.

@teal_oak, if your experience is different, what type of device are you using?

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member

On my 950xl I only have the option to copy the entire secure note.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If you edit the item, @lostlogik, are you able to select whatever portion you want to copy?

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member

Yes, if I edit the note I can select individual text portions.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming, @lostlogik. That seems to be the workaround, at least for now.

• davisjohn
    davisjohn
    Community Member

Thanks guys. Yes, I had been using one of these workarounds. Hope this would be made more streamlined in one of the upcoming releases.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sure it will be, @davisjohn. Thanks again for your input—do keep it coming!

This discussion has been closed.