1password Safari extension not working on one website

Hi,

I am using 1password with the Safari extension and it works perfectly most of the time.

I just have one website where it cannot fill properly the login and password. It seems to fill the password in the username part, and nothing in the password form.
The website (its a stock market website) is:
https://www.binck.fr/fr/Login.aspx
Can you check this?

Thanks !

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Romfour,

Can I ask, how did you create the Login item you used to try and log in. What I would recommend trying is to create one by following our How to manually save a Login guide. Now at first glance it won't appear as if it has recorded your username but you will find it in the web form details section of the Login item and we can adjust that after we've confirmed if this works for you as it seems to have for me.

The page is unusual as it has two password fields and no text field for the username. As such, if 1Password knows nothing about the page it won't know which field is for the password and under certain circumstances it won't attempt to fill the username field. The guide will show you how to create a Login item from within the browser though and when that happens 1Password can learn what the page looks like for later filling.

Please keep us updated but I hope that will help. If it does there is a small tweak we can do afterwards so the username properly show :smile:

• Romfour
    Romfour
    Community Member

Thanks for your answer

I tried as said following these steps and it still doesn't work when i come back to the page and use the newly created login.

I have attached a screenshot of the login saved (without showing usernames and passwords, of course).
    So on this form:
    in "password" I find the correct password
    In the "Web form details" are:
    "password": correct password
    "logoncontrol$account": the login
    "logoncontrol$password": correct password

Still if I click this new login saved from the page, it seems to do as bedore (fill the login part with the password; I think that because the login is much smaller than the password and it seems to fill the box with a long "word").

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Romfour,

Can you tell me a bit more about your system please, specifically I'm curious about your choice of browser and it's version number. I tested in Safari and I directly visited the URL that you supplied, https://www.binck.fr/fr/Login.aspx. When I did this my Login item only created the bottom two of those fields and the website matched the URL you supplied. Yours however seems to be pointing at the main page. This is unusual as we store the exact URL of the loaded page. Unless the browsers are seeing something differently they should have caused the Login items with the same web form details sections.

• Romfour
    Romfour
    Community Member

Hi

Indeed, I did just try again to save the login using the method described in your post by going again to this login page, and this time it worked!
    I am now able to login using 1password extension! It even works from the iphone safari extension. I don't know why it didn't work the first time though as I did the same thing.
    So as you said now the only little glitch is that the login doesn't appear in the 1password login detail... Can we make it appear (and keep everything else working)?

Thanks a lot for help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Romfour,

I'm glad to hear you tried again and that the new Login item is working correctly! :)

If I understand your question, you're saying the new Login item has the username saved in the web form details, but doesn't show that in the main "username" field near the top of that Login's item details? I noticed the same thing, and I think these steps will help:

• In the main 1Password app, click the Edit button for that item.
    • Click the "show web form details" button.
    • The first web form detail you see there ("logOnControl$accountTextBox") should be your username.
    • To the far right of the username, click on the empty space to see a pop-up menu, then select the silhouette icon, as shown in this screenshot:

• Finally, click the Save button.

Your username should now be shown near the top of the item details. Please make sure the Login item still works to fill the form on that sign-in page. Please let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• Romfour
    Romfour
    Community Member

That's great, it now shows the form correctly and the login still works.
    Thanks for the great help :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Thanks for letting us know that worked for you. We're always happy to help, so if you need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.