Tracking Credit Card Usage

CVBruce
CVBruce
Community Member

1Password allows one to record Credit Card information. That's great. But what about the websites where I have left the credit card on file. For example, my Clipper card has a credit card on file so that when I use up the value on the card it can be automatically refilled. My Netflix account has a credit card on file so that I can pay my monthly charge.

What I'm thinking of is a field in the website info, that contains links to one or more credit cards, and when looking at the credit card, I can see all the websites that have it on record.

So when my bank sends me a new credit card, I can easily find all the places that I need to go change.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CVBruce: 1Password isn't meant to be a finance tracking tool, but we can certainly consider adding other features in the future.

Personally, I use tags for this: my accounts that have credit cards associated with them have the Login items tagged with the card name. For example: Amazon is tagged as Discover — I'm enjoying the extra cash back there this month. ;)

All of the credit cards I have saved in accounts have tags associated with them, so I can easily view where I'm using each card. That way I just go down the list and update the account with the new expiration date, etc. I hope this helps! :)

• CVBruce
    CVBruce
    Community Member

Tags would work. Thanks for the suggestion. And no I didn't want 1Password to be a finance tracking tool.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! There may be ways we can improve the workflow in the future though. And of course you don't need to use it exactly the way I do. Tags are really flexible, so you can use them in whatever way best fits your needs. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.