No way back from search.

teal_oak
teal_oak
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

If I enter a site into search box and it finds it then how do I get back to the list of sites? Also if you enter text into the search box and nothing is found, similarly no way back to the list. I am using op vault on my computer's onedrive directory.

1Password Version: 2015 12.200
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: onedrive

Comments

• Thanks @teal_oak we are fixing this as part of Beta 4. In meanwhile workaround is to search for empty string (that will reset list) or type few letters and click on the suggestion to navigate directly to the item.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@teal_oak, what sort of device are you using the app on?

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

Surface pro3 and lumia 930 phone.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! Do you have the same problem on the SP3 as on the phone?

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

Phone appears to be ok now . However if enter text to find a site and it does not appear on pick list and press enter, the back button (bottom L of phone) take you to blank screen with header and then app gets stuck. The way around this is not to press enter/return and only select from pick list.

A similar experience happens on the surface pro. Key is not to press enter after a search.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the follow-up and details, @teal_oak!

I'll try to reproduce that behavior so Dev can look into it.

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member

Just for completeness, experience this on my 950xl as well.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @lostlogik. If you relaunch the app, is the problem resolved?

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

For completeness, when searching for an item, if the string is found the relevant "card" is returned but there is no way to get back to all items listing without going back to do another search for a null string. The Back (soft on the950xl) button has no effect. Quitting the app by pressing the Home button (soft again), doing something else but leaving the app in memory, and then returning to the app does not clear the issue. The app must be force quit from memory.

Likewise if a search returns a null value but then all you have is a blank screen, needing to force a null value search, or force quitting.

By the way, all this force quitting has shown me that the startup sync is very slow, not what I'd expect on a Snapdragon 810 running phone. My iPod touch beats it.

• @lostlogik there are improvements in search implemented for Beta 4, it should be released soon. To reset search it will be enough to clear search field (or hit x button in it).

• teal_oak
    teal_oak
    Community Member

@lostlogik is the 1apple app you are running on your iPod touch in beta?

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member

@teal_oak no, I was referring to the standard ios version

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

At the risk of stating the obvious—no offense intended!—1Password for iOS (available in the iTunes App Store on your iOS device) is on a completely separate development track from the 1Password for Windows 10 app (available as 1Password Beta in the Store app on your Windows 10 device).

Thanks so much for using 1Password!

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member

@DBrown no offence taken and yes, fairly obvious ;) All I was trying to say was the sync process is very slow, at present and no doubt will improve with ongoing optimisation, and can be a little tedious if having to constantly restart the app.

• @lostlogik yes, sync is far from being perfect at the moment and we are looking at making it better (trust me, i'm as much annoyed with slow sync as your are - i'm running this app 100 times a day! :) )

One possible workaround is to convert .agilekeychain to .opvault format (https://support.1password.com/switch-to-opvault/win.html)

Hope this helps

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member

Happy to report that, in the new beta 4, pressing the back button after a search returns to the main vault listings.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @lostlogik; thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.