Filling doesn"t work anymore

guillaumeserton
guillaumeserton
Community Member

Hello,

The filling into an App or a browser doesn't work anymore with android 6.0.1

When i try to fill, i enter my password to unlock my vault then nothing happens, the 1P window doesn't appears.

I'm on a Nexus 7 2013 WiFi. I tested on Stock Rom and Multiple Custom Rom.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0 or 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @Spinacle. Thanks for reporting this issue. Let's see what's going on here. :)

I'm not seeing this issue on my Nexus 5X with 6.0.1. When you're entering your Master Password, are you doing so from the keyboard lock screen or from the main app? Also, since you mentioned testing on custom ROMs, I take it your device is rooted correct?

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

Hi Peri,

I did that from the keyboard lock screen.
    Yes my device is rooted.
    I was able to reproduce that on my Nexus 7 and on my OnePlus One.

To be precise, i use the rom Pure Nexus (6.0.1) on my Nexus 7 and the rom BrokenOS (6.0) on my OPO.

I had not this behavior on my OPO with some others roms on 6.0.1 like CM13 or AICP.

• Thanks for the update. So, to be clear, you have not had this problem with CM13 or AICP, but lately you have had the problem with Pure Nexus, BrokenOS, and with the stock ROM?

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Peri,

When i create the report then try to send with Gmail, i have a message saying "Can't attach empty file". If i try with my another email app "Nine", i haven't any file attached.
    Where can i find the created report on my phone?

• This is because of the new permission system in Android Marshmallow. If Gmail does not have storage permission enabled, 1Password's diagnostic report will not get attached. We resolved this issue for the next beta. :)

For now, you can either enable storage permission for Gmail, or copy and paste the diagnostic report in your email by going into Settings > Advanced > Email diagnostics.

I suspect this is an issue with the custom ROM, but I'll bring it up with our developers anyway so they can see if we can work around this. Unfortunately, our resources are very limited at the moment as the team is working towards the new beta, so I am not able to promise a solution any time soon.

Please do send us the diagnostic report though, so I can include it in our issue tracker. Thanks.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

Hello @saad,

Thanks for the tips, now it's working.
    So i just sent my Email Diagnostics as requested.

Have a good Christmas

• Thanks! Merry Christmas!

This discussion has been closed.