Display: For HTTP Auth Prompts Only ...

Display option in Login items
My apologies for a probably stupid question.. but..

I cannot find in the documentation an explanation of this option in a 1Pw bookmark:

Display: For HTTP Auth Prompts Only ... or For webpages only ... never .. always

Where is an explanation of what this is about?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Hello Terry,

Most websites use a standard web page to login, but 1Password also supports HTTP Auth prompts, and you can fiddle with those settings on sites where you login via HTTP authentication (also called basic access authentication).

20110429-n55r1q5a9au4ketd6ayg32cc8j.jpg

Each Login item can be used to fill passwords for HTTP Auth prompts (click here for an example of an HTTP Auth prompt style login), web pages, both, or none. 1Password will automatically set this for each Login item, so unless you need to change this, it is best to leave it alone. :-)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • crispinb
    crispinb
    Community Member
    Can someone guide me through the display option at the bottom of an item ... with the pop-up menu of always, only in browser etc ... I can't quite get what it is asking.

Thanks
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, crispinb! I have merged your post with the appropriate thread. Please see above and let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thanks!
  • crispinb
    crispinb
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, crispinb! I have merged your post with the appropriate thread. Please see above and let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply and yes I see this is the relevant thread ...
    Okay what does it mean if I make an item "Never display in browser"?
    Still don't get what this setting achieves.
    Crispin
This discussion has been closed.