Am I correct in assuming that data from Mac Roboform will not export to Mac 1Password?

Options
marcwut
marcwut
Community Member

I have read the support information about importing data from Roboform to 1Password on Mac, and it can only be done with Windows. Is there any work around this, or does every password have to be redone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:import, kb:import-roboform

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marcwut,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

That's a really good question for RoboForm support. I'm not sure of the details of their app's export capabilities. I do hope they are not trying to lock you in, though. It's your data after all.

1Password will never lock you in. If and when you do make the switch, 1Password supports numerous import formats and allows you to export all of your data to standard CSV or our own 1Password Interchange Format at any time. We think you will like 1Password enough that we don't need to artificially lock you in. We want happy users not trapped ones.

I'm wondering if @MrC, our resident import/export expert, knows anything about getting data out of RoboForm with only a Mac.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options

@marcwut,

I recently added the RoboForm converter to the converter suite, but it currently handles only exports from older Windows versions. The reason for this is that RoboForm had cripped the Print List feature in later versions to only export a partial URL.

Still, I think there is value in supporting even the newer versions, and the Mac version, even if the URL is incomplete.

I'll add support later today, and will ping you when it is ready.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @marcwut,

The converter is now ready for you to test. Sorry for the delay.

You want version 1.08 in Testing Bits mentioned in the converter suite post. Follow the directions, esp. for exporting the RoboForm data. Currently the converter supports Logins and Safenotes - Identity exports are not yet supported. Once you have your Logins and Safenotes exported, launch the AppleScript Conversion Helper and follow the directions.

This discussion has been closed.