Postbox errors loading images in email messages from 1PfT

Options

When I open an email message from 1PfT in Postbox (f.e. the "Thank you for signing up!" and "Team XXX is ready to go!" messages), my email client, Postbox, reports 3-4 errors "during a connection to team-XXX.1password.com:443" (where XXX is the name of my team), and the images in the messages don't load.

The full text of the error is:

Alert

An error occurred during a connection to team-XXX.1password.com:443.

Peer reports it experienced an internal error.

(Error code: ssl_error_internal_error_alert)

This doesn't happen when I open the same email messages in Gmail. Is this an issue with the server-side configuration of SSL, which Gmail nevertheless ignores, or is it a problem with Postbox?

-myk

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thank you for reporting this issue, @mykmelez.

I wonder if Postbox is using an older version of TLS? We configured our servers to require TLS 1.2.

I'm not sure where I'd find this out to be honest. I'd expect it to just use the TLS provided by the system, which should be version 1.2.

In any event, this shouldn't be an issue in the future as we plan on moving the email images to a content delivery network. I'll open an issue anyway so we don't forget.

Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers!

++dave;

• P.S. I was able to recreate this issue using PostBox on my OS X 10.10 machine. Assigned internal tracking #415 to this issue.

This discussion has been closed.