Upgraded MacBook to OS 10.11.2. Now 1Password 3.8.22 unstable, crashes, can't use anymore.

Now that I've upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS 10.11.2 my old 1Password 3.8.22 has become unstable and unreliable. It now crashes all the time. Because of this I can't use it anymore. As a retired teacher on a fixed income I do not have the resources to just go purchase the new version of 1Password. Before I switch to another product like LastPass and dump 1Password for good I thought I'd ask your help in fixing what I already have had for years. Please advise. (I have limited computer skills so anything you may ask me to do needs to be explained step by step so that I can understand and follow along).
Thank you

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gwoodweb,

Since you're using 1Password 3, I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum. I hope you don't mind!

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some trouble with 1Password 3 after installing the El Capitan update on your Mac! Unfortunately 1Password 3 is an old version of 1Password that hasn't been in active development for a long time now, so it isn't fully compatible with the latest versions of OS X and web browsers, which leads to some problems. The crash you described is a common one, and a few others are described in this forum announcement (currently posted at the top of the 1Password 3 for Mac forum): 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 5 for Mac is fully compatible with El Capitan, and we do offer an upgrade discount for our customers who are using older versions. To see your upgrade discount, please visit our Upgrade Store and enter your license code.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that, but hopefully that helps to explain what's going on and what your options are. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here for you!

• gwoodweb
    gwoodweb
    Community Member

Unfortunately I'm elderly and on a fixed income so even with that discount the upgrade is too costly for me. I don't want to switch but I guess I'll begin looking into getting a free password manager instead. Thanks for responding. BTW: if your company will be offering any kind of extreme one day holiday discount soon please advise. Thanks again...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gwoodweb,

Well, it just so happens that we do have a holiday sale on right now, but we rarely have sales that offer you a better discount than the upgrade discount (which is 50% off the regular price, available to existing users at any time.)

I took a quick look in our back office records to determine when you purchased 1Password 3, but I was unable to find any license information attached to the email address that you have in your forum profile. If you write in to support+forums@agilebits.com with your licensing details (the email address that you used to purchase 1Password, and/or the license key if you have it available), we'd be happy to see what we can do. :)

• gwoodweb
    gwoodweb
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

Yes a holiday sale would be very helpful. Maybe you can find me under an old email address removed by AgileBits . I was gifted my copy of 1Password 3 a few years back, this is the license key I received with it: removed by AgileBits . I think I may already out of my league here with computers as I don't exactly know how to respond to you directly? And if I go through support+forums@agilebits.com won't that mean that I'll need to start over with all of my questions?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

Hi @gwoodweb,

I've removed the email address and licence key from your post because of the public nature of these forums. Using the information I was able to locate your licence which as you say was gifted to you.

We'll continue the conversation via email :smile:

ref: LEW-25967-696

This discussion has been closed.