Upgrading old version of 1Password (before the Apple Store) on iMac and 3 IOS devices, then add PC

At home we want to upgrade the iMac and IOS devices from the old geezer versions of 1Password.
We want to add a PC, and our 2 MacBooks (MBA, MBP).
We're scared of losing the data of course, but want to sync to dropbox in the future.
We currently do wifi sync from IOS devices to the iMac...

Can we purchase the bundle version?

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store, kb:switch-from-agilebits-store, kb:bundle-license

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @chipandfish,

You can use your existing licence key to purchase an up-to-date bundle that would include 1Password 5 for Mac and 1Password 4 for Windows and you can do this by using your licence key at Upgrades for Existing Licence Owners. There are minimum operating system version requirements though (mostly on the Mac) so I just want to make sure you definitely benefit from an up-to-date bundle.

Can you give us an idea of what versions of OS X you currently run please.

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding at all, please note that a single bundle licence will cover you and up to five other family members in the same household for as many Macs and Window machines as you have so if all those computers you mentioned are in the same household it will be just the one licence required. We've had confusion in the past so I just wanted to make sure you didn't pay any more than required :smile: (hope you don't mind).

Are all the iOS devices running iOS 9 too?

• chipandfish
    chipandfish
    Community Member

Great advice. All our Macs are El Capitan now, all iOS are 9+

Sounds too easy. Thanks again. We have loved 1password forever (until El Capitan)...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chipandfish: It almost always is too easy, to the point that I'll reply to folks who are confused, thinking they missed something.

That said, should you run into any issues at all, be sure to let us know. We're always here to help! :)

As far as moving the iOS devices from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6, just follow this guide:

How do I upgrade from 1Password 3 on iOS?

It's generally even easier on the Mac, since it can just read your existing vault. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.