Can't move or copy items from team vault

Hey there,

I am unable to move items from one of my team's shared vaults. The entire Sharing menu is greyed out. However, moving from my "Your Vault" works just fine, it's just the shared vault. What could be causing this?

Thanks!

Tamara

1Password 5
Version 5.5.BETA-35 (550035)
AgileBits Beta

1Password Version: 5.5.BETA-35
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hi @tamarazuk

If the Sharing menu is greyed out in your team vault it is likely because you don't have Send permission on that vault. The Send permission can be changed, by your Team Administrator, by selecting the gear next to your user on the vault detail view.

• tamarazuk
    tamarazuk
    Community Member

Hi @Jeff Shiner,

Thanks so much for your help! I'm sorry we didn't realize this ourselves :)

I've pinged the admin to turn this on for me.

Thanks again!

Tamara

• Let us know if you have any more questions. We're happy to help.

Rick

• jefflin
    jefflin
    Community Member

Has this functionality been updated since December 2015? I am having the same problem that @tamarazuk had, but I do not see the Permissions checkboxes. I recently converted my Teams account to a Family account, and now all I see are two options: Allow Edit and View Only. Items that are in my default Shared vault cannot be moved or shared. I created a brand new "Family" vault and it appears that I have full access to move and share items from that vault.

How do I update the Shared vault to have "full access" as well?

• @jefflin It has changed a bit in Teams, but you're seeing that because you're in Families. There are a few differences between Teams and Families, and you've just encountered one. Permissions in Families are much more basic. You should still be able to move and edit things in the Shared vault though. Are you specifically having trouble with it or is someone else?

• jefflin
    jefflin
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

I can edit, but I can't move/copy. Here's a screen shot from Desktop 1Password 6.2.1 on OS X 10.11.3. I can't move/copy from the iOS app either.

I created a "Family" vault brand new, and I can move/copy items in that vault. It's the default Bronson-Lin Shared and Personal vaults where I'm having the trouble.

• Jacob
    edited April 2016

@jefflin Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have another owner on the account? If so, could you have them try signing in to 1Password.com, then clicking your team name and clicking Admin Console? From there, click the Vaults tab and click the Shared vault, then click the gear beside your name and switch your permissions to View Only, then back to Allow Editing. Let me know how that goes. :)

• jefflin
    jefflin
    Community Member

I got it working! I logged in as my wife who is also an admin. There was no gear beside my name, but I did click Manage Access and checked the green check next to Shared. Now I am able to move and share logins from the Shared vault. Just FYI, I was previously able to access the Shared vault, just not move or share logins. This feels like a bug to me...

• @jefflin Great to hear! It's definitely a bug, but unfortunately it's one that you have to fix on your end due to the way things are structured. Sorry about that. Only a few people have reported it, thankfully.

This discussion has been closed.