Editing Login notes on iOS

Options
ddoyle76
ddoyle76
Community Member

When trying to edit a note within a Login on 1Password for iOS, the notes textbox disappears from the screen, and you cannot scroll to it. I have tried to edit in both Portrait and Landscape modes, and neither will work.

I am using the latest version of 1Password on an iPhone 6 Plus.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ddoyle76

Sorry to hear about the diffiulty. I'm not able to reproduce this issue on my iPhone 6. When I tap on the notes field in edit mode I'm taken to a separate screen that contains just the note's text. What happens for you when you tap on the notes field while in edit mode?

Also, sorry to be difficult, but could you please tell me which version number, exactly, of 1Password you are running?

(iOS) Which version of 1Password am I running?

Thanks!

Ben

• ddoyle76
    ddoyle76
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running 1Password version 6.1.2 on iOS 9.2 on an iPhone 6 Plus.

Perhaps I didn't communicate clearly in my original post. As soon as I enter edit mode, the notes field goes off-screen (at the bottom of the screen), and the app will not let me scroll down to it.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @ddoyle76. I just tested this again in v6.1.2 (I was running the latest beta version). I'm not able to reproduce this there, either. It is possible that the difference is because I'm on an iPhone 6 (non-Plus) vs your Plus version, but that would certainly be an odd bug and I'd think I would've heard more reports of it. Let me check with one of my colleagues who has a Plus model and see what we're able to come up with.

If we're not able to reproduce the issue, it is likely something to do with your install. It may help to backup your data and reinstall the app.

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Due to the holiday I may not be able to come up with a colleague that has an iPhone 6 Plus imediately. If you'd like to go ahead and try what I've suggested above as a troubleshooting step in the mean time please feel free. Otherwise I'll let you know as soon as I know. :)

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@ddoyle76,

I've just confirmed with two of my colleagues that they are unable to reproduce the problem scrolling you've reported on iPhone 6 Plus models with 1Password 6.1.2. At this point I'd recommend backing up and reinstalling.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.