change Name of Admin / Owner in profile of 1password team

laulu
laulu
Community Member

hi. How to change Name of Admin / Owner in profile of 1password team. I search in My Profile from Firefox browser

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @laulu ,

Changing the name of the Admin is currently not implemented. We are still making many improvements to the admin console, so please stay tuned!

Regards,
    Kevin

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Any further updates on this ? I notice you can change the vault icon, however I cannot change the color if using the generic icon.

• I'm not sure I'm following 100% as I think the original question is different than what you're asking Tommy, so I will answer both ways I interpreted this question.

If you're trying to change the name of the owner of your team or one of your admins (i.e. Team Members), you can go to their profile page and click the pencil beside their name.

If you're trying to change the name of the Everyone vault, you are not able to do so. We allow you to edit the name for all Vaults except the Everyone and Your Vault vaults. I don't really want to allow changing these vault names as it makes it a lot easier to be able to talk to customers (especially in documentation) if I know certain things are immutable.

Please let me know if there's a third interpretation of this question that I'm missing and I'll be happy to answer it as well :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

I was referring to changing the team name the one that is shown when you add it to the Mac app. The wife has a typo in her team name. The one shown here. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place in the browser.

Currently its the same name as her URL thats why its obscured !

• You're right, that's your team name being shown there. So yes, there is a third interpretation to your question that I completely missed. Let me answer that now :)

At this moment you cannot edit the team name. You can edit the icon in the Admin Settings, but not the name yet. We'll be adding this before release. I suspect we'll have a pencil icon there like we do on the Team Member details page.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

Thanks for that, much what I expected. No problem, waiting for the release notes to arrive. :P

• :)

I'm trying to be better about posting release notes! If you promise to keep reading them, it will help motivate me to continue. Deal? ;)

This discussion has been closed.