Suggestion for improvement

Options
wilsonsg
wilsonsg
Community Member

I would like to ask the reason why 1Password apps for IOS and Android does not automatic split the 16 digits credit card number during input?

I think this is something convenience during input credit card numbering. I encounter some other apps, they have pre-format different type of credit card numbering input format such as Amex the credit card number will be automatically xxxx - xxxxxx - xxxxx, while visa or master xxxx - xxxx - xxxx - xxxx instead of your 1Password apps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx which very difficult to look for the number.

I hopes to see an improve on this section. I personally think this is an good feature that 1password should consider. Manual input is not preferable.

1Password Version: 6.1.2 IOS
Extension Version: 4.5.3 Android
OS Version: Android & IOS
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I would like to ask the reason why 1Password apps for IOS and Android does not automatic split the 16 digits credit card number during input?

@wilsonsg: Because a credit card number is a single string, and breaking it up can often cause issues with filling it on websites — which of course is the primary benefit of storing this information in 1Password, however...

I think this is something convenience during input credit card numbering. I encounter some other apps, they have pre-format different type of credit card numbering input format such as Amex the credit card number will be automatically xxxx - xxxxxx - xxxxx, while visa or master xxxx - xxxx - xxxx - xxxx instead of your 1Password apps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx which very difficult to look for the number.

..if you're thinking it might be helpful for 1Password to display the breaks (in the item details, for example, but not during editing), that might be worth considering. After all, this is broken up on the card itself to help with readability. Would that help? Do you frequently find yourself reading the credit card number from 1Password?

I hopes to see an improve on this section. I personally think this is an good feature that 1password should consider. Manual input is not preferable.

What do you mean by 'manual input'? Thanks in advance! :)

• wilsonsg
    wilsonsg
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

I always reading the credit card number from 1Password apps because it is much easy by just open the phone apps because I used to leave my phone on the table all times whenever I was on my computer. I find it not convenient to pick up my card from my pocket wallet compared to just light up the apps. Besides, I always leave my wallet somewhere in the house but phone always carrying it with me. So whatever info I need it, I can just open up 1Password apps without need to look for wallet.

"Manual Input" means, 1Password user currently need to input "-""-" split the digits ourself.

Wish you a Merry Christmas!.

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for the feedback on this! You may want to consider looking into our desktop apps, so that 1Password can fill your credit card information for you directly there, instead of having to view it on your phone and manually entering it on your computer.

That said, I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our development team for their consideration. :)

Merry Christmas!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

"Manual Input" means, 1Password user currently need to input "-""-" split the digits ourself.

@wilsonsg: And as I mentioned above, if you're using 1Password to fill credit card information on websites at all, you really don't want any delimiters like - or in there, since most websites only want the digits. But if you're only storing the information n there for your own reference, doing that shouldn't do any harm.

This discussion has been closed.