Hi, i have 1Password Premium on Mac/iPhone, I'm wanting to gift 1Password to my friend on Android

Options
p3u1
p3u1
Community Member

I do have a Google Play Account but i don't know how to purchase it with my account & gift it to him, can anyone help? Where i live there is nowhere to buy a Google Play Gift Card, but if possible i'd like to gift the app like you can on iTunes, is there something similar on Android?

Thanks in advance a Happy Christmas to all

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:gift 1password to friend on android

Comments

• Hi @p3u1. Thanks for getting in touch with us today!

The Premium features on Android are handled entirely through the Play Store. Unfortunately, there's no way to offer the app as a gift without going through the Play Store gifting process. I apologize for the inconvenience. I wish there was something I could do to help out here. :(

The only alternative I have is to send them the money for the app via PayPal, so that they can purchase it on their own. I know it's not the same as gifting an app itself, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Let us know if you have any other questions and happy holidays!

• p3u1
    p3u1
    Community Member
    Options

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I have bought a Google Play gift card from him to purchase 1Password Premium & Apple gift cards for the 2 iOS users.

On the condition that's one of the Apps the buy is 1Password

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds like a deal! ;) :+1:

Merry Christmas! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.