Have a new Apple ID. Already purchased pro with old ID. How do I verify it?

gsteel
gsteel
Community Member

I've already purchased Pro, but wth a different Apple ID than what I'm using on my new iPad. How do I verify the purchase so I get pro without having to buy it again?

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 9.2
Sync Type: Dropbox icloud
Referrer: kb-search:Different Apple ID purchase, kb:pro-features-faq, kb:add-license

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@gsteel - Sadly, the answer is that Apple won't allow the transfer of licenses for any application from one Apple ID to another. You could delete 1Password from your device, sign out of iTunes on your new Apple ID, and log back in under your old Apple ID. Then download 1Password again and restore the Pro features. I think that will work, although I've never tried it myself. If it does work after you return to you new Apple ID, you won't be notified of updates, and in order to update, you will again need to log back in under that old ID.

This is an aggravating property of Apple's stores. They won't even let users who move to a new country and its own store retrieve their applications either. If you have paid for other application under that older Apple ID, you'll be faced with the same thing. If you don't have a very good reason for adopting that new Apple ID, I would highly recommend that to return to it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gsteel: Indeed, as far as I know Apple is pretty firm on this. I've heard of some exceptions to other policies at times, but I can't say that I've known anyone who was able to have purchases transferred from one account to another, and their terms or service are pretty clear about this.

One thing you might consider though even if you're dead-set on switching Apple IDs permanently is using Apple's Family Sharing to share purchased apps from the old account to the new one. However please note that in-app purchases are not allowed in this way. While it won't help in this particular case, if you have a large purchase history it could certainly help in many others.

This discussion has been closed.