Does a license for 1password5 include a license key for 1password3?

Hi!
My father runs a testversion of 1 password 3 on a Mac with Mac OS 10.6.8 and no possibility for further OS upgrades. He would like to buy a license now, and here we are, researching if the license for 1 password 5 comes with a license for 1 password 3. Though I found some posts that seemed to point in that direction, I would like to be sure - and also be sure, that whatever he receives is easy to install for him, not endangering his data saved in the currently running test version.
No necessity of synching data with any other device or OS.
Looking forward to your reply!

1Password Version: 3.8.22 (test version)
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:license 1 password 3

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hofm: Yes it does! When you purchase 1Password 5, its license file will also work with 1Password 4, and you'll also receive a separate license key for 1Password 3.

Additionally, a 1Password license entitles the owner and up to 5 family members living in the same household to use it as well. There is no limit on the number of devices.

And finally, registering the app will have no effect on the data. It simply unlocks the app so it can be used without trial restrictions. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• hofm
    hofm
    Community Member

Thank you very much for the quick reply! This helps a lot, perfect. :-)

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.