Transfering over from IOS Cloud to 1 Password 4 for Windows.

Hi there,

I need your sage assistance. I have 1Password on my new IPhone S6 Plus. I manually inputted all my logins from LastPass into 1password via my IPhone. I have also synced them through Apple's I Cloud.

Now how to I bring them over to 1Password 4 for Windows 7 pro that I just purchased?
Thank You for your help as you can see I'm not computer savvy.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2015

Hi @StreetSurvival,

Unfortunately, you cannot use iCloud sync in 1Password to sync your data to a Windows PC. The way iCloud Sync works in 1Password uses Apple's CloudKit Service and that is not yet available on Windows. We hope things will improve over the next few years where Apple could allow developers to use CloudKit APIs to sync data to Windows apps but for now, it is not yet possible.

You have two options to sync from your iPhone to your PC, Dropbox or Wi-Fi. You can find more details here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/sync-options

• StreetSurvival
    StreetSurvival
    Community Member

Thanks for the help Mike.

My daughter kinda got all my logins squared away except, when I got into Preferences to activate "Move to drop box" it is greyed out. This is the path: C:\Users\Jimmy\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.opvault is this OK or do I have to do something to fix it? Also on my IPhone what do I have to adjust because I am now using Dropbox? Do I have to disable ICloud sync or do something else?

Thank You sooo much for your sage assistance, I really appreciate it.

• Hi @StreetSurvival,

This is the path: C:\Users\Jimmy\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.opvault is this OK or do I have to do something to fix it?

That's fine, it is grayed out because it is already in your Dropbox folder as you can see the Dropbox directory in that path.

As for your iPhone, it may already be using Dropbox if your daughter set it up for you on the PC. Here's how to confirm this: Open 1Password on your iPhone, unlock, and go to Settings > Sync. On top, does it say Sync service ... Dropbox?

To be sure, try to create a new item on your PC or iPhone and then see if it shows up on the other side after Dropbox finishes its sync.

• StreetSurvival
    StreetSurvival
    Community Member

Thanks Mike, you're the BEST! Hope you have a happy and healthy New Year.

• You're welcome and on behalf of the team here, a Happy Holidays to you and your family!

This discussion has been closed.