How can i login using a different vault than the primary vault on ios9?

bertz
bertz
Community Member

Hello. I would like to have my family members using their own vault on the iPad. However I cannot find how to switch vault at the login screen of the 1password app? Only the primary (master) vault password is accepted.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:Default vault, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• Hi @bertz,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Yes, your findings are accurate. iOS is designed to be a single user system (one person per device), unlike Windows and Mac which support multiple users explicitly. 1Password for iOS is designed in that same vein. The primary vault Master Password will unlock all of the other vaults, and is the only password that can be used to unlock 1Password.

Ben

• bertz
    bertz
    Community Member

Thanks Ben for responding.
    Understood. The easiest way then is to remove the app, and then reinstall selecting the vault of the prime user of the ipad. (/iphone).
    The pro feature does not really add value as you can switch vaults but not the corresponding user.

• You could that, yes, or select the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data option.

And indeed multiple vaults on iOS are not designed for the use case you've described. The feature is geared more toward folks who, for example, have need to access both a personal and a work vault.

Thanks for taking the time to share your use case with us though, it is definitely something we can consider improving these features around in the future.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.