How to upload wallet items from excel spreadsheet

Options
jzalesne
jzalesne
Community Member
edited December 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I want to upload wallet items from an excel spreadsheet / .csv file. Is that possible? What format should the csv file be in?

1Password Version:4.6.0.592
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version:Windows 10
_Sync Type:Dropbox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi @jzalesne ,

Can you describe the format of the "wallet items"? Did these come from another password manager's export? Or are they from your own spreadsheet, where you have a well-defined series of columns and rows?

• jzalesne
    jzalesne
    Community Member
    Options

They are in an excel spreadsheet. And yes, they are in a well-defined series of columns and rows.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @jzalesne ,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had to step out for a while.

1Password for Windows can only import items from CSV into Logins. If you have a title, username, url, password, and some notes, you can import these via the 1Password's built-in CSV importer. It will allow you to select which columns are designated as the aforementioned fields. See the Importing data document.

If that is insufficient, I have a converter suite that contains a CSV converter, and it can handle additional fields. I have currently only coded it to deal with Logins as well, but it can be extended (and in fact, is something I'll do over time per user requests). This converter will allow you to import the other columns that may be in the spreadsheet, and they will go into either the Notes area or you can use the --addfields option to have the converter create custom fields (using your header row as the field name).

Let's see if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.