Strategy for removing duplicates and cleaning up login items...

Options

I have quite a few login items in 1password. Many are old and obsolete. Many are duplicates. I want to clean it all up. I was thinking that a good way to do this might be to:
(1) export all the logins to excel and clean them all up there.
(2) delete all the logins from 1password
(3) import the cleaned up excel file back into 1password,

Would this work? Would there be any downsides to this? And... if it would work, is there a way to bulk delete all the of the 1password logins, or would I have to do the deletes one by one?

Is there a better way to do this??

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @jzalesne ,

I wouldn't recommend that method. 1Password for Windows can only export Login items to CSV, and then only the 5 basic fields.

De-duping can be difficult, because you have to define ahead of that which fields and values should be considered, and which should be ignored.

One method that might be easy enough, provided two records are adjacent in the list, is to cycle back and forth between records using the arrow keys, and looking to see if there are differences.

You mentioned in another thread that you were trying to import from your CSV file. Perhaps you could do the work there first, sorting the data based on whatever column makes the work easiest.

This discussion has been closed.