2 Problems: Won't update & won't show up on Safari

I am running 1P Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) and recently upgraded OS X to El Capitan. I attempted to update 1P, but it would not extract the files and keeps giving me a "try again" tab which then repeats the same process. Also, I tried adding the extension to Safari (I'm switching from Chrome) and follow the directions (double click on 1Password.safariextz), and then click that I "trust" the extension, but then nothing happens and 1P is not available.

1Password Version: Version 3.8.21 (build 32009)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bruce60652,

To update 1Password, please try this:

• Fully quit 1Password.
    • Open a Finder window to Applications and drag the 1Password app to the Trash. (Do not use any app cleaners for this!)
    • Go to the downloads page on our website and grab a fresh copy of the app - you'll need to scroll down to the 'Legacy' section to find 1Password 3. This will give you the latest update for 1Password 3, which is 3.8.22
    • Put this fresh copy in the Applications folder and you should be good to go!

As to the trouble you're having with the browser, please read through this post which has been posted at the top of this category. The post explains what you can expect when running 1Password 3 in El Capitan.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.