iOS sync options unavailable

jetregan
jetregan
Community Member

I am running 1Password version 6.1.2 on an iPhone 5s. At some point, the passwords on my phone stopped syncing. I previously had them set up to sync via Dropbox. When I tried to troubleshoot the issue, and I went to Settings > Sync, the only thing showing up on that screen is the Items row. I don't even have any options to tell it how or where to sync. How can I troubleshoot why my phone won't sync my passwords? (Thanks!)

1Password Version: 6.1.2
Extension Version: 4.5.1.90
OS Version: iOS 9.2 (13C75)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:switch-to-dropbox

Comments

• jetregan
    jetregan
    Community Member

I'm also worried that if I delete the app on my phone and reinstall, the passwords I've saved on my phone (but that didn't sync with the rest of the locations) will be lost and I'll have to manually reset those passwords as I discover they aren't synced to the existing Dropbox-synced file. Is there a way to avoid that?

• jetregan
    jetregan
    Community Member

I just found this thread which was very helpful in pointing out that the location of the Sync option in iOS has been moved to Settings > Vaults > [Vault name] > Sync Service: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/52747/settings-screen-syncing-and-vaults-necessary-to-be-separate

However, even after forcing a sync via Dropbox, the items aren't appearing in the other locations. I'm going to continue looking...

• jetregan
    jetregan
    Community Member

FIXED IT (figured out how to force sync to existing vault in Dropbox on iOS and Mac):

1. Open iOS app. Settings > Vaults > Primary > Sync Service > Disable Sync (Disable Sync).

2. Close iOS app.

3. Open iOS app. Settings > Vaults > Primary > Sync Service > Start Syncing > Sync with Dropbox (select existing 1Password vault in Dropbox).

4. Wait for sync to complete (Last Sync field in Primary Vault screen has a number, not "in progress").

5. Open 1Password application on Mac (laptop). Preferences > Sync > Sync Primary Vault with (change to None, click Disable Sync).

6. Close 1Password application on laptop.

7. Open 1Password application on laptop. Preferences > Sync > Sync Primary Vault with Dropbox (find existing 1Password vault in Dropbox - same as in step 3) > Merge With Existing

8. Wait for sync to complete (Last synced: a second ago).

9. Check Chrome browser extension and see all expected logins (SUCCESS!)

This thread can be marked resolved. Thanks!

• jetregan
    jetregan
    Community Member

Still not sure why it wasn't auto-syncing. We'll see if this fixes the issue in the long-term.

• Hi @jetregan

Glad to hear you've found at least part of the solution you were looking for. As for auto-syncing, please see this thread:

Known vault sync issues in 1Password for iOS - AgileBits Support Forum

I hope that helps! Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.