How do I transfer 1Password 4 and data to a new MacBook? Do I need to buy 1P5? I can't find vault.

bevb
bevb
Community Member

I am attempting to transfer data from one MacBook (OS X 10.9.5) that has 1P 4 to a new MacBook (OS X 10.11.2). 1P 4 was purchased from Agile Bits. IT Dept. set up my old one so I do not know where my vault resides or if they synced it. There is nothing in Dropbox with any 1P files (so it is apparently not synced) and searching for the locations where Support says files reside has not been fruitful, though I have found a backup file from a couple of days ago. Must I purchase 1P 5 and if so, how do I transfer my data - wherever it is - and should I purchase from App Store or your site? I do not want to attempt this without assistance and potentially lose my data. Thank you for your assistance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:installing on a new mac, kb:data-locations

Comments

• bevb
    bevb
    Community Member

Update - I downloaded 1P5 and restored from the backup I was able to locate. Will test it out, but it seems to be working now - I think I have to purchase, however, as it may just be giving me a free trial. I still do not know where the Vault is located . . .

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bevb,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm glad things are working well. :)

I resent your license email, so you can add your license to 1Password as described here:

How do I add my license to 1Password?

That will let the app know you have a license, and the "trial expired" message will go away.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.