Autosave new login and Save New Login button not working

Hi,

I've tried all the suggestions in other thread and the knowledge base already, but autosave does not work and even the button that says Save New Login simply does nothing. Not from the 1password mini or from the browser extension.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug with the beta version?

Greetings.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.5.BETA-36 (550036) AgileBits
Extension Version: 4.5.2.2
OS Version: 10.10.1 (14B25)
Sync Type: 1password for teams

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @PolarZoe,

I run the nightly version of 1Password and so far I haven't experienced that in any of the versions where I've been testing the Save Login window. I tried it in the latest nightly just now and for me both clicking on the Save Login button or pressing the enter key worked. I notice you mention teams for syncing, are you only using team vaults (no personal ones) and attempting to save to a teams vault? I confess I only mess up an OPVault when I do my testing so it might be there are other scenarios I need to test.

• PolarZoe
    PolarZoe
    Community Member

I'm only using a team vault (my vault, so no shared vault).

I also tried using the non beta version of the extension in chrome and disabling the browser signing, but nothing I tried does anything.

I also tried Firefox Nightly with the beta version of the extension but it behaves exactly the same, nothing at all happens.

So then I manually made entered the password, verified that it works to login, but it also won't update the password now.

Would an update of OSX have any effect?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PolarZoe,

I decided to push my entire 1Password setup to one side and see if having only team vaults made a difference. As a result I need to write up two bug reports and I think one is related to what you're seeing. Thank you for reporting the troubles you were having as otherwise I might not have checked that configuration any time soon. What I'm seeing meant I couldn't reach the state you described so I'll have the developers give this one a good going over.

• PolarZoe
    PolarZoe
    Community Member

Hey @littlebobbytables,

How could you ever fix the bugs if no one reported them :chuffed:

I hope it will be an easy fix for the developers, building new features is always more fun than bugfixing.

Thanks for the help so far!

Greetings.

• PolarZoe
    PolarZoe
    Community Member

Hey @littlebobbytables,

Just saw there was an update for 1pass with some save new login fixes, sadly it did not fix my problems.

Just wanted to let you know.

• PolarZoe
    PolarZoe
    Community Member

Hey @littlebobbytables,

I just downloaded beta 38 and that solved the problem!

It's now working perfectly, thanks a lot for the quick help and quick fix!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PolarZoe,

That's great news. Thank you for helping make sure these bugs didn't slip into a stable build which would have been a lot nastier given the massive annoyance they no doubt caused. Should you experience any other issues please do let us know and we'll do our best to fix them as quickly :smile:

• rich1383
    rich1383
    Community Member

How is Save as New Login supposed to work? It has never done anything for me as far as I can tell. I might be on a web page with a login screen that I want to save but 1P does not recognize as a login. Choosing Save New Login does nothing (no new entries in my vault). Running 1P v6.0.1 on MacOS El Capitan. Here's an example of what I need: Logging into a test site with two different usernames - I want to save both with different 1P titles so I can choose which one I want to login as. Since they both have the same URL, 1P will think I want to change the login info for the existing login, whereas I want to save it as a new one. How would this be accomplished with Save New Login (I copy/paste/edit in 1P itself now)?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@rich1383 When you choose "Save New Login" from the 1Password extension popup, the 1Password extension collects information about the page and then sends it over to 1Password mini for processing via our form filling brain. The brain does its processing and then 1Password creates a login item from the result. This is the most reliable way to save new logins, as described in this support article.

Generally, 1Password should recognize that a new username and password combination is a new login and not an update to an existing login. If you're seeing a different behavior, could you send along a URL (Privately to support@agilebits.com with a link to this thread if you'd rather not post it publicly) so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @Nekoninda. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. I haven't heard of this same problem for other users but there could be a few different reasons it might happen. Most of them have to do with the 1Password extension not being able to contact the native application.

I don't see any mention of what version of 1Password and the browser extension and which operating system and version you're using, so that will be the first place to start trying to understand the problem. (I do see that it was mentioned in the thread from August, but I want to make sure we're working with the latest information now.)

Also, when you navigate to a site for which you have an entry in 1Password such as the Santa Fe Public Library and then click the 1Password button in your browser, do you see the site listed at the top of the window like you described previously?

Lastly, could you try saving a Login on Twitter? We test popular sites regularly, and I just double checked that Login saving works here for me. If it doesn't for you, then it might point to some configuration issue. Let us know what you find.

Cheers,

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.