Importing from Windows to IOS

Options

Hello this is my first Post :blush:

I have been using 1Password on my iPhone & iPad for almost a year now. I bought the windows version of 1Password today. I had a heck of a time understanding how to import from IOS to Windows but was finally able to figure it out with drop box. I did read the manual but I didn't think its was very user friendly. I have been using Roboform for many years and was use to that app.

I decided it was easier to type in the remainder of my passwords from roboform to the Windows 1Password version. I already imported the majority of my logins and still had about 40 more I manually typed in. Now that I have most of the information typed in to the Windows version I would like to import the Windows 1Password to my iPad/iPhone version of 1Password which would overwrite what I have now.

Can someone be as so kind to explain (in detail) how I do this? I want to import my Windows 1Password Logins to my IOS 1Password app. I know I have to use Dropbox but I don't use dropbox much nor do I understand everything that it can do.

If I make changes in the Windows or IOS version of 1Password how do I keep everything synced up with each other (Windows & IOS App)

Thanks for your time and help!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: Windows 7 64 bit
Sync Type: Drop Box or iCloud

Comments

• Hi @inkymycat,

Dropbox isn't the only option, we also provide Wi-Fi sync that you can use to sync your data between 1Password apps on your PC and iOS devices.

However, you said you were able to sync your data already via Dropbox. That means the 40 items you just created in the Windows app should already be in the iOS app once you open the app and let it finish its sync. Can you tell me what you see when you open 1Password on your iOS device and tap on Settings > Sync?

• inkymycat
    inkymycat
    Community Member
    Options

Hello thank you for responding.

On my IOS iPad
    Sync Service: Dropbox
    Items: 78

The Windows version has 128 items.

I tried to do the wifi sync and i did the secret number with and without spaces and i got this error message:

The operations couldn't be completed operation timed out. ErrorDomain=NSPOSIXErrorDomainCode=60 "Operation Timed Out"

I also did a backup of the Windows version and then dragged the file into dropbox but from there i could not figure out how to get the ios version to sync with the file. I was hoping to get the wifi sync to work.

I have used the wifi-sync before on another app i have and i know it works but not having any luck on this app.

Wow do i get the windows version to use dropbox. I was reading directions in the manual and it says that i can go to File / Prefeferences / General Tab / select Move to Dropbox. The only problem is its disabled. The directions tell me to go to Sync Options which i do but doesnt give me any information that i can see to accomplish this other than:

Wi-Fi
    Windows to Mobile (Both Ways)

I went to the part were it says Setting up Dropbox Sync. I installed Dropbox on my Windows Computer. But still dont see where I do this option within your windows app since its disabled.

Thanks for your time and help

• Hi @inkymycat,

We'd like to see your 1Password diagnostics report to figure out what's going on. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• inkymycat
    inkymycat
    Community Member
    Options

Hello I just uploaded the 1Password.zip file. Thank You all for your help. Have a safe and Happy New Year!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@inkymycat: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: YUU-14638-686

• inkymycat
    inkymycat
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks for all your help on this. I was able to resolve the problem which was very simple to fix once I knew what i was looking for.

Under the Network and Sharing Center my Network was set for public Network and not Home Network. This was my on Windows 7.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Under the Network and Sharing Center my Network was set for public Network and not Home Network. This was my on Windows 7.

Ahh, that explains it! Thanks for the update, and sharing your solution, which may help others. I've certainly had that happen myself (something about Windows occasionally thinking it's a new network...perhaps do to some router change — DHCP lease or IP address?)

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.