Doesn't sync automatically using Dropbox

jerryplotnick
jerryplotnick
Community Member
edited December 2015 in iOS

I seem to have to force a sync manually if I have added a login on another computer or device. I believe that syncing used to work quite reliably. Is there anything I can do to get sync working again across my devices?

1Password Version: 6.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Doesn't sync automatically using Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @jerryplotnick

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this difficulty. It sounds like you may be running up against the issue discussed in this thread:

Known vault sync issues in 1Password for iOS - AgileBits Support Forum

Ben

• jerryplotnick
    jerryplotnick
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben. The relevant solution on the thread you cited appears to be as follows: "Switch to the individual vault you want to sync, and it will sync normally." However, even after I switch to the vault in question, sync still doesn't happen automatically. At the bottom of the thread I read this: "We're currently beta testing fixes for each of these issues. We don't have a time frame for when we'll have an update available, but we'll get it out to everyone as soon as we can, once we've tested it thoroughly!" So should I assume that this is a bug, perhaps connected to the changes to the iOS implementation of vaults from a month or two ago (addition of All Vaults), and that the only thing to do is wait for a fix?

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member

You are right, all vaults really messed up with the sync reliability. In my opinion there are two possibilities:

1. You keep track of the syncing manually; make sure you are in a vault itself before editing an item. In 9 out of 10 cases this should trigger the syncing correctly. And before changing to another device make sure everything is in sync.

2. Use only one vault in 1P for iOS till this issue is fixed. If this is an option to you, this should be the easiest way. I was already thinking about doing this. The all vault thing is currently more a burden than a feature.

• jerryplotnick
    jerryplotnick
    Community Member

Many thanks. I tried your option 2 on one of my devices, and it worked quite nicely. I will count on the Agilebits people to get this straightened out in the not-too-distant future.

• Thanks for the update! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.