Folders on MacBook not syncing to 1PW on iPhone / iOS using DropBox?

Options
jmb679
jmb679
Community Member

I have created two folders in 1PW on my MacBook. One folder is a folder of Smart folders, the other is a folder of login items. There are no problems with these folders on my MacBook. However, on my iPhone, I only see an unpopulated / empty folder of Smart Folders and I don't see the folder of login items at all. See screenshot. Sync over DropBox, which appears to be OK for all other items. I am using the latest version of iOS 1PW on an iPhone 6+.

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jmb679 I don't believe the current version of 1P for iOS supports smart folders.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmb679,

Stephen is correct - 1Password for iOS does not currently support Smart Folders, which is why you don't see them there. Sorry for the confusion about that!

If you have more questions, please let us know. Happy New Year! :)

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

But, what about a non-smart folder?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jmb679 does anything in this knowledge base article help?

Dropbox sync is not working

Stephen

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I was confused. The regular folder shows in iOS, although it is "empty" because it is the folder of smart folders. The smart folder of login item does not display at all. So, perhaps support for smart folders will be future enhancement?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @jmb679,

We would love it but it's not as easy as you would believe it is (we wish it wasn't the case). We make use of Mac only frameworks/functions and so the Mac is actually doing all the work when it comes to Smart Folders. Whatever we're making use of doesn't have an equivalent on either iOS, Windows or Android or at least that is my understanding of the situation. It isn't to say that one day we can't do something about this but sadly it isn't a small change. Instead it will be creating a platform agnostic saved search function so that all versions of 1Password can use it instead of relying on a platform specific feature.

So it may happen but it won't be a quick change I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.