Login fail on iPhone

Options
cdrob
cdrob
Community Member

I am able to login to my financial service site on my iMac with 1password but not on my iPhone. Any suggestions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login, kb:ios-extension-faq

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cdrob,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please tell me:

• Which version of 1Password you are running (instructions)
    • Which website we're dealing with (URL to the login page)
    • Where the problem occurs -- Safari or 1Browser? Does it work differently in the other?
    • What exactly are the symptoms of it "not working?" What steps are you taking, what happens, and what were you expecting to happen instead?

The more descriptive you can be with your answers the better we'll be able to assist.

Thanks!

Ben

• cdrob
    cdrob
    Community Member
    Options

mac version 5.4. iPhone 6.1.2. The website is https://mdm.ca/. From the iMac 1password fills the login and functions properly. On my iPhone the page is brought up but no fill-in. When I manually fill it in, it takes me to another blank login which does not function.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @cdrob. If you manually enter your credentials into this page in Safari on iOS does it work properly?

Also when you experience the problem are you using Safari (with the 1Password extension) or 1Browser (inside of 1Password) for the filling? Does the other work any differently?

Ben

• cdrob
    cdrob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response Ben,
    Manually entering does not work unless I remove the MD login. Tried both browsers - no luck.
    I am using El Capitan on my iMac if that's relevant. No problems on the iMac.
    Chris

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi @cdrob,

Unfortunately if it doesn't work independently of 1Password (manually entering your credentials) it isn't something that we'll be able to address. MD will need to update their website to be compatible with Safari for iOS.

Do they perhaps have a mobile app that you could copy and paste your credentials into? That may be a workaround.

I apologize I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• cdrob
    cdrob
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. When I remove the MD login from 1password I can successfully login to the website using my iPhone . I have been doing it for years using Safari. Once I save the MD login to 1password it functions on my iMac but not my iPhone.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cdrob,

Thanks for clarifying. Could you please try logging in using 1Password at this URL?

https://secure.mdm.ca/Mdmlogin2.aspx?locale=en

It appears on their home page MD uses an "iframe" for their login box, which 1Password cannot fill into on iOS. The page I linked above appears to work, for me, using dummy credentials.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• cdrob
    cdrob
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for trying but this link also fails to respond. I am hoping Apple iTunes will refund me for the purchase.
    Happy New Year,
    Chris

• Ben
    Options

If you'd like to troubleshoot further we'd be happy to help.

Happy new year!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.