Doesn't log out

susansusan
susansusan
Community Member

I have the mini program up all the time on my computer. When I step away from my computer, I want to log out of 1Password. I tried command-control-Q, but it doesn't work. What to do?

1Password Version: 1Password5
Extension Version: 5.4.1
OS Version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:log out

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@susansusan can you please explain what you're trying to achieve by seeking to close down 1Password completely? That really shouldn't be necessary in everyday use.

If you simply want to lock 1Password you can use the ⌃⌥⌘L (control + alt + cmd +L) shortcut. You're really not gaining anything by using the shortcut you mention (which terminates 1P mini—the 1Password helper app—as well as 1Password, as you probably know).

Stephen

• susansusan
    susansusan
    Community Member

Yes, I want to lock it when I leave my desk or computer. The shortcut worked - is there a way I can put something to click on the menu so I don't have to remember the shortcut? I have a mac.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @susansusan,

From 1Password Mini, click the gear icon and you'll see the Lock option about halfway down that menu:

Will this work for you?

• susansusan
    susansusan
    Community Member

Great! Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad we were able to help @susansusan

Another option might be the Auto-lock settings in 1Password's preferences (in the Security tab). If you normally lock your OS X user account the Lock on sleep or Lock when screen saver is activated might be of interest. If you normally leave the account unlocked though the Auto-lock settings won't be much use.

This discussion has been closed.