I use 3 different browsers. How can 1password populate the login regardless of what i use?

usawiwasu
usawiwasu
Community Member

I use multiple web browsers. I would like to have this program populate my login and password regardless of the browser I'm using. Currently if I click on a stored webpage it will always open whatever browser I used to create the original login. Facebook for example: i don't want to have to create 3 different links for each browser for the same site; I would like the utility to recognize where I'm at and populate.

This is my first try at this program, I have yet to purchase, but in my opinion; why have a download for each browser so 1password can be used if it's not intelligent enough to populate regardless of what browser i'm trying to access the site from.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I use 3 different browsers. How can 1password populate the login regardless of what i use?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@usawiwasu - If you click a URL in 1Password, it opens the default browser specified in your OS X setup. That's the same as any other application the presents a live link. However, if you open a browser and navigate to a web page, 1Password will fill your credentials if you have installed the 1Password extension for that browser.

The behavior you describe is a property of the OS.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @usawiwasu,

Hawkmoth's answer is spot-on: it doesn't matter which browser is used to create a Login item, as it will always open in your default web browser if you click on a URL in a Login item (or double-click the Login item in the main 1Password app). But if you want to open a Login item in a non-default browser, just install the 1Password extension in that browser. When you choose a Login item from the 1Password browser extension, it will open in that same browser.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks, and Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.