Had Vault PW set in trial 1Password 4 Now downloaded 1Password 5, created a Team Vault PW

kpercak
kpercak
Community Member

I purchased 1 Password3 many years ago and do not remember the vault password and have lost documentation. I was running Trial 1Password 4 and it appears I had a password (perhaps the original ) install on this machine. I cannot remember or find the password. I have now downloaded 1Password 5 with a certificate and key provided by you this morning. I remove 1Password 4 to the trash (not emptied) but am not able to get into the Vault. Is there anything I can do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/first-run, ug:mac/new-computer, kb:diagnostics, kb:teams-admin-getting-started, kb:remove-multiple-apps

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kpercak,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password and your master password! Your data isn't stored in the 1Password app file, so deleting just the app will not delete your data - that's why it keeps asking for your old (forgotten) master password.

If I understand, it sounds like you want to reset 1Password so you can start over with a new/empty vault (and a new master password). To do that, you can follow the steps in this knowledgebase article: How do I start over with an empty vault?

Does that help? If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know. And have a Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.