Multiple folders on Dropbox

barddzen
barddzen
Community Member

Hello, I have two folders on my Dropbox:

• 1Password (has files that are current as of last sync)
  • 1Password.agilekeychain (has files as current as 2 years ago and older, some as old as 2010)

My question is, do I really need to keep the 1Password.agilekeychain folder since the data is so old? Or can I safely delete it?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @barddzen,

The .agilekeychain is actually a package / bundle (basically a special type of folder) which is made up of hundreds of smaller files, and is a copy of a 1Password vault, used for syncing your data via Dropbox. On on Dropbox it looks like a normal folder, but if you find it in the local Dropbox folder on your Mac, it will look (and act) like a file.

The modified date for an Agile Keychain does not reflect changes made to the contents inside the package. And the items within that package will have different dates, depending on the created dates & modified dates of your items in 1Password. So in order to avoid confusion, it's best not to pay much attention to the dates you're seeing for the 1Password.agilekeychain package or the items inside of it.

Instead, you should check your vaults in the 1Password app to see if one is syncing with that Agile Keychain. From the main app, go to 1Password > Preferences, then click the Sync tab. Select a vault on the left side that is syncing with Dropbox, and then it will show you the file path and name of the file in Dropbox that it's syncing with. If a vault in 1Password is syncing with that 1Password.agilekeychain file in Dropbox, you shouldn't delete it or it will stop syncing (when you re-enable Dropbox sync, it will re-create a sync file in Dropbox).

On the other hand, if it truly is an old file that is no longer being used to sync any of your vaults in 1Password on that Mac or any other device, you can certainly delete it from Dropbox if you'd like.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks, and Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.