Multiple imports corrupt

I've imported CSV file into Windows 1passwod two times with different labels. I did this thinking that I could save time fixing incomplete logins. What this did is combined the same logins into two identical files. On my iOS device it shows only one. If I delete one of the duplicates on Windows the file goes into the trash bin as expected, but also syncs with the iOS and removes the login while the duplicate file is still in the vault in Windows.

My question: How can I clean up this mess?

Comments

• Hi @kenjcooper,

1. When you said different labels, can you clarify what you mean by this?
    2. When you imported the CSV file the second time, did 1Password ask if you want to overwrite the identical title items and if yes, did you say yes or no?
    3. Do you still have these duplicates? If yes, can you go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault and restart 1Password, does it still show these duplicates?
  • kenjcooper
    kenjcooper
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    1. When importing, you have to label through a drop down box what you want to populate in that particular field. For example; password field, I selected password, for username I selected email, but some of my logins didn't use email, so that's why I imported a second time to use the username.
    2. I said yes, always.
    3. I still have the duplicates and I did try the repair option to no avail. I also uninstalled the 1password software and reinstalled it with the same results. Apparently this data is contained in my dropbox vault file.
  • MikeT
    edited December 2015

Hi @kenjcooper,

Yes, your 1Password data is stored outside of 1Password program files, it would not be removed when you uninstall 1Password. You can only remove it by deleting the vault folder directly but we don't recommend doing this but rather archiving it after you first disable the sync in the 1Password for iOS app.

If all of your data is in the CSV file, here's what I recommend for now, create a new vault to import your updated data into. Here's how: open the main 1Password program on your PC and go to the File Menu > New 1Password Vault. After unlocking this new vault, import your CSV file, see if that has everything you want.

If yes, please email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread included, so we can give you the next instructions as it requires a detailed process.

Let me know when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got the email.

• kenjcooper
    kenjcooper
    Community Member

I've just emailed you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kenjcooper: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WCZ-68788-922

• kenjcooper
    kenjcooper
    Community Member

Hello,

ref: WCZ-68788-922

I'm assuming that the holidays will result in a delay for assistance, therefore, I took the following steps and have resolved my corrupt file issue.

Note: The corruption occurred with Windows 1password program while importing multiple times.

1. Disable Sync in the app.
    2. Exit 1password on the desktop.
    3. Open Dropbox and double click on the vault folder that is corrupt.
    4. Click to open the "default" folder.
    5. Locate files similar to the following and delete:

band_0 (NSA-473's conflicted copy 2015-12-28).js
    band_1 (NSA-473's conflicted copy 2015-12-28).js
    band_2 (NSA-473's conflicted copy 2015-12-28).js
    band_3 (NSA-473's conflicted copy 2015-12-28).js

1. Exit Dropbox.
    2. Open 1password on the desktop and verify everything looks good. I emptied my trash folder at this time since I wasn't able to with the corrupt file.
    3. Enable Sync in the app.
    4. Enjoy :)

Thank you for your assistance in encouraging me to go after this on my own. I think that the 'import' procedure in Windows should be improved so that it's not confusing for some people such as myself.

-Ken

• Hi @kenjcooper,

Huge thanks for updating us with the details, I'm glad you got it resolved.

Can you tell me if you've imported the CSV file twice in the same PC session before you ever opened 1Password on your iOS device? I'm trying to pinpoint why the sync conflicts would've occurred in the first place, it wouldn't happen locally like this, it would require multiple 1Password apps opened at the same time and file modified at the same times to cause this conflict but network issues could've cause this as well.

We'll investigate to see why this is happening with the sync conflicts.

• kenjcooper
    kenjcooper
    Community Member

I did import twice in the same PC session although I'm not certain the status of the iOS app.

• Thanks, we'll try to replicate that session to see if we can reproduce the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.