iPhone App URL Schemes

yosph
yosph
Community Member

Is it possible to auto-detect installed apps and use URL schemes to quickly jump to the app from 1Password? I find myself constantly double tapping home to go back to an app I'm trying to enter a password for, but a URL scheme or "Back to [app name]" in the top left corner integration would definitely simply the UX.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @yosph,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with the suggestion. I'm not a developer, so I don't know for sure, but I think what you are referring to would require that 1Password be opened from the app you want to return to using a onepassword:// URL. I don't believe it is possible, for example, for us to offer a "Back to Twitter" link in 1Password if you used the iOS app switcher to switch from Twitter to 1Password. Twitter would need to offer a link to 1Password.

That said, I'd be happy to pass the feedback along to our development team, in case there is a way to do this that I'm not aware of. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• yosph
    yosph
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I now understand that the "Back to Twitter" idea won't work. I'm curious if the dev's could integrate URL schemes into 1Password itself? For example, adding "com.amazon.mobile.shopping:" to the Amazon entry in 1Password doesn't open the Amazon app. However, if you create a Safari bookmark with the URL "com.amazon.mobile.shopping:" (without quotations) and tap it, you are prompted to open the Amazon app.

I've attached screenshots.

Best,
    Yoseph

• Interesting. Thanks for sharing Yoseph. I didn't know that worked. It doesn't appear to work from the Safari address bar though, so they might be doing something unique for bookmarks...

I'll be happy to pass the request along though. :)

Ben

• Tabaluga
    Tabaluga
    Community Member

+1 for this. That would be great

• Thanks for the vote, Tabaluga. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.