Vault discrepancy

RRockley
RRockley
Community Member

I have 1Password on my iPhone, Mac at home and PC at work. All sync through Dropbox regularly with no apparent problems. I just opened IPassword on my iPad and apparently it hadn't synced for a while as my Apple password was wrong. So I tried to sync manually and it gives me a "Vault discrepancy" error: 84 items on my iPad vault while there are 152 items at Dropbox. Dropbox is the correct one.

What should I do now? If I go ahead and "merge anyway" (as it warns me in red) will it replace the Dropbox version? How do I get the correct version on my iPad? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JWeaver
    JWeaver
    Community Member

Hi @RRockley

Here's a link to an article in the 1Password Knowledgebase that should cover all of your questions. In short that's a common result when a device stops syncing. Some of us have forced mismatches, for testing purposes, and as the article states the worst thing that happens is you end up with duplicate entries which can easily be deleted manually.

• Thanks for the assist, JWeaver. :)

I hope that helps, @RRockley. If you have any further questions please feel free to write back.

Ben

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member

Thanks, that was helpful. I was just concerned that the outdated file on my iPad would overwrite the master file at Dropbox.

Anyway I went ahead and merged, and all seems well: the Mac and iPhone versions don't seem to have changed but the iPad version is updated. Thanks all. Great response for new year's eve!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Happy new year!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.