On my iPad, 1Password not allowing Touch ID

awerneke
awerneke
Community Member

1Password is not allowing me to use Touch ID after first login even though it is enabled in settings. I just purchased the Pro version for my iPad Air 2 two days ago. It is not that it is rejecting my fingerprint; there is no Touch ID option in the login window.

1Password Version: 6.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not allowing Touch ID and not staying unlocked after I log in.

Comments

• Hi @awerneke

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Could you please let me know what you have set for each of the options under 1Password > Settings > Security?

Thanks!

Ben

• awerneke
    awerneke
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Lock on Exit is off; Auto-lock is set to 10 minutes; Touch ID is on; Clear Clipboard, never; Conceal Passwords is On.

Thanks and happy new year!
    Angela

• @awerneke Could you try disabling Touch ID in 1Password's Settings, closing the app, opening it again, and enabling Touch ID once again? It's also worth trying a reboot to see if that gets things working. :) Let us know.

• awerneke
    awerneke
    Community Member

You know, I just tried Touch ID with 1P and it is now working. Maybe because I shut the iPad down last night and restarted this morning. I think one thing I'm learning is maybe it is best to reboot after upgrading an app before using it as I recently had something similar happen with another app I had updated. Thanks for your help!

• Thanks for the update @awerneke. I don't know that I'd say it is necessary to reboot after every app update, but it is certainly a good troubleshooting step if things aren't working as expected. :) Glad to hear you were able to get it working.

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• awerneke
    awerneke
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben!

• You're very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.