Reinstall 1Password after system crash

Options
jimnla
jimnla
Community Member

Hello,
I've used 1 Password for many years now but recently my system crashed at the beginning of December. There was an OS update for Mac and my system did the update. After that my system would not boot up properly and was having many problems. Apple believes it was my 3rd part memory. But during this time I did try to download the 1Password again. I have a new system which I restore from my Time Machine backup. 1Password still doesn't work. I've read your help pages and I did find multiple copies of 1Password which I purchased thru the app store. I've deleted all of them and restarted my mac several times. I download the program again and it still doesn't show up in the application folder but when you search for it does appear but will not load up. I must force quite the application. How can I install this again? I have the new late 2015 iMac with 5K Display. Thank you

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini, kb:remove-multiple-apps

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@jimnla

Do you have a backup drive attached to the Mac. Sometimes spotlight will see another copy across on another drive and its attempting to launch it. Rather than a copy that should be in your applications folder ?

Try disconnecting the drive and download a copy again. See if that solves your issue. It sounds as if your still connected to the Time Capsule.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @jimnla,

If you downloaded 1Password 5 for Mac from our AgileBits Download page then it will likely have downloaded it to your Downloads folder. You would need to manually move it from there to your /Applications/ folder. That might be one reason why you won't see it in the right place. As for the force quitting, if you're still seeing problems can you try the steps detailed in Troubleshooting “1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini”. I suspect quarantine and sandboxing are the issues at play.

We'll continue working with you until it's resolved :smile:

This discussion has been closed.