I have an iPad without Touch ID. Every time I blink, I have to re-log in to 1Password. Help?

PDHirsh01
PDHirsh01
Community Member

Every time I open a new App or Web page and ask 1Password to fill in my logon, I have to re-log on to 1Password. Is there a way to keep logged in as long as I continue to use it every 5-10 minutes?

1Password Version: 5.4 on Mac; the latest on iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:how to stay logged in on iOS?

Comments

• Hi @PDHirsh01,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. There is, indeed. If you open your Security settings within 1Password enable Touch ID and disable Lock on Exit. You can then adjust your Auto-Lock setting to a value that you are comfortable with.

Use Touch ID | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

• PDHirsh01
    PDHirsh01
    Community Member

Ben,
    Thanks. But my iPad Air does not support Touch ID, so in Security, my settings are Lock on Exit OFF, Auto-Lock 1 HOUR, Pin Code OFF, Clear Clipboard 3 MIN, Conceal Passwords ON. But still I have to sign in to 1Password at EVERY instance of use, even if it's a different web page or app every 30 seconds! Help, please!?!
    PDH

• Sorry about that @PDHirsh01. I read the title as "with Touch ID!" That'll teach me to read fast. Since you don't have Touch ID, you'll need to turn the PIN code on. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• PDHirsh01
    PDHirsh01
    Community Member

Ben,
    Terrific! Pin code ON works -- not exactly self-explanatory terminology. After months of suffering being required to enter my long, complex, unique Master Password at every turn while waiting for the next gen iPad Air to be released (with Touch ID), I am so grateful for your kind help. Thanks!
    Paul

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2015

You're very welcome Paul! Glad to hear that helped. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

P.S. I got impatient and just went ahead with an iPad Air 2. The rumors sites aren't predicting anything major for the next revision, and they also don't seem to be predicting it appearing any time in the very near future. Just rumors, of course, but I bit the bullet.

• ColonelSammy
    ColonelSammy
    Community Member

I'm guessing this is the same problem as this one:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/29288/do-i-really-need-to-unlock-1password-every-time-i-want-to-use-a-login-in-safari

(now closed)

I have this problem with the current version...having to enable the PIN code seems like a backward step...is there a plan to fix this?

(I have the same settings as the OP - not using touch id, so have to enter the master password every time I use an app extension unless I enable the PIN).

• Hi @ColonelSammy,

At present time in order for us to store your Master Password in the iOS keychain (which is required in order to not have to type it on each use) you must enable either a PIN or Touch ID (depending on your device settings / compatibility).

I'm not aware of any specific plans to change this at this point.

Sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• ColonelSammy
    ColonelSammy
    Community Member

OK, thanks...that's useful information. Looks like PIN stays on then :(

• If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.